Humans of Huamantanga, Peru

Michel, son of Geraldine, wants to be a soccer player when he grows up and can always be found playing with his brother and friends outside his home. Besides soccer, he enjoys spinning tops, playing marbles, and spending time with the mission team from Grant Avenue Baptist Church. His mother raises the children with her brother and father and enjoys making cheese from cow's milk.

Neihmar holds the title of the best jump-roper among the primary kids with 73 doctors healing him from a snake bite in the jump rope rhyme, "Cinderella." Neihmar enjoys attending school, where he can spend time with friends and play games at recess such as soccer and freeze tag.

Week 6 Forum 
I wanted my action to be people performing Olympic lifts at Dixon Recreational Center, however, taking photos at Dixon became difficult because of the long process I would have to take to capture photos of participants lifting. With that said, I shifted gears and decided to shoot people playing sports on the Studnet Legacy Park. I shot people at the tennis courts last week when the weather was happy enough not to rain. I was most worried about grain because, in past shoots, I have had trouble decreasing the amount of grain in my photos. When shooting sports, I get anxious about getting in people's way or becoming a distraction, but I overcome this by keeping track of people's movement and staying at a safe distance. 
Ideas for: 
Overall: A faraway shot of the courts or a shot within the fence of the courts
Medium: A full-body shot of a player hitting the ball or running to hit the ball
Close: A player serving the ball or a player taking a water break

Comments

Popular Posts