New Term, Same Me

About Me 
This term I am taking News Reporting, which is one of the courses that will help me get my AS in Journalism. I am a journalism major because in high school I took yearbook and loved interacting with people, hearing their stories, and sharing them with the student body. I am most interested in learning how to better prepare and conduct my interviews. Outside of school, I am passionate about serving in my church. I am a teacher for the 2-3-year-olds on Sundays and Tuesdays, as well as serve on several mission trips to Peru.

My Goals
1.) I want to be more consistent in gathering content for The Commuter newspaper.
2.) I want to push myself to get assignments done early in order to set myself up for success.
3.) I want constructive criticism on my work and to be pushed out of my comfort zone.

Rave Auto Sales
For my first assignment, I plan to cover the story of student established business, Rave Auto Sales. OSU business major, Gabriel Fitzpatrick created Rave Auto Sales party as a business class project, but also as a way to pay for his schooling. I plan on interviewing Fitzpatrick, his business partner, using his website, and various reviews as sources.

Questions I plan to ask:
  • What prompted you to start your business?
  • What are some struggles you have had starting and running your business?
  • Where do you plan to take your business in the future?
  • Tell me about your vehicle restoration process. 
  • What mistakes have you made and learned from? How did you fix those mistakes?

Comments

Popular Posts