Who Am I?

About Me
My name is Arianna and I am majoring in Journalism. After earning my AS, I hope to transfer to Bethany Global University to pursue a BA in intercultural ministry studies, then combine both degrees to create an enjoyable and enriching career. I took this class because I am interested in people and sharing their stories. I also love writing and photography. What solidified my decision to pursue journalism was taking yearbook for three years in high school. I loved the thrill of taking sports photos and I loved getting to know people I wouldn't normally talk to and hear their stories. I pride myself in stating that I am a third-generation photographer. My grandfather and mother have always had a camera with them for as long as I can remember, so I like to credit my first photography experiences to them. 

My Goals
1.) I would like to strengthen my Lightroom skills and learn Photoshop to the best of my ability
2.) I want a deeper understanding of what it means to be a journalist and how I can impact someone by sharing their story
3.) I want constructive criticism on my work and to be pushed out of my comfort zone.

Humans of LBCC Reflection
When the assignment was first presented I was very excited! I have the Humans of New York book and it's very valuable to me, so when I came in on the first day of class and got to see the same work, you can only imagine how excited I got. When doing the assignment I took photos of my subject before interviewing them because I feel that once someone has gotten their photo taken, they are now committed to sharing with me. I also feel that taking pictures first gets the awkward part out of the way, then I can focus on getting a deeper sense of who I am interviewing. My first subject was quite embarrassed to get the photos taken, but he was open with me about his life and what he wanted to do. I think both encounters were successful though. My final product turned out well. If I could go back, I would have moved my subjects around more. My favorite part of this assignment was getting to know my subjects better. I previously knew them both, but I got to know them better in this 5-minute interview than I had since I've known them.



Comments

Popular Posts